tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Oxley <david.ox...@workplace-systems.plc.uk>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.14 and JK loadbalancing
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:40:35 GMT
I have 4 load balanced JK (1.2.5) workers. When I select to stop Tomcat
(5.0.14), which takes a while to shut down (because of some daemon
threads in our app) a 400 bad request is returned to the browser even
though there are other JK workers that could be used.

A couple of causes spring to mind, but I don't know which one is true.
Does it take a while for mod_jk to learn about the stopped status of the
JK worker?
Is it a bug with JK or Tomcat 5?
JK load balancing was not designed for fault tolerance?

I would appreciate some advice/explanation as this is about to become
our standard setup.

Cheers.
Dave.