tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amy Roh <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Connector ObjectName includes address
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 02:01:24 GMT
Currently, connector objectname includes address in this format:

domain:type=Connector,port=8080,address=0.0.0.0.

This causes a problem when IPV6 addresses are used since IPV6 addresses
include colons.  The javax.management.ObjectName doesn't allow to have
colon character in it and this causes
javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: ObjectName: invalid
character ':' in value part of property.

I propose to exclude address as connector objectname property since port
number alone should keep the objectnames unique.

Are we using address value from connector objectname anywhere?

Thanks,
Amy