tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From phani kumar <phanimitti...@yahoo.com>
Subject from phani
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:05:09 GMT
Hello,

Can you please help me.  I am working as programmer in Qatar and we are in a project and I
've encountered following problem as I am new to java environment.

I am trying to run HelloWorld servlet. I have j2sdk1.4.0 in c:\ and jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12
in c:\ and

now I've compiled the servlet by setting the classpath variable to tomcat's lib\servlets-api
jar file. I could compile the servlet and the resultant .class file I am keeping in following
directory.

webapps\servlets-examples\WEB-INF\classes

and now what URL I should type in the browser inorder to get the output.

I've also set the TOMCAT_HOME=c:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12
                        JAVA_HOME=c:\j2sdk1.4.0

Please help in getting the output.

Thank you very much

M.phani Kumar