tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "ganeshprabhup" <>
Subject Tomcat Problem
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 08:06:32 GMT
I am a java professsional new to Tomcat and JSP. I downloaded and installed successfully Jakarta-Tomcat
4.1.27. While I tried to run a jsp accessing a javabean, it gave an error saying 'Unable to
compile class for JSP'. It was not able to locate the bean class. I put the bean class in
all the 'classes' directries. I also created the jar file of the bean and put it in all the
available 'bin' directories. Still the problem persisted. Please suggest a solution. Do I
need to add any path or classpath in my environment? If so please show me how to write it.

Ganesh Prabhu
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at
Buy The Best In BOOKS at
Bid for Air Tickets on Air Sahara Flights. For Best Deals, log on to
and Bid Now !