tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Herrmann <...@jadn.com>
Subject Re: Is exact flow explained anywhere ?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:30:33 GMT

No, I don't think there is any such documentation of Tomcat's exact
flow.  It would be handy to have somethat describes Tomcat's "Process of
getting into the stead state."   And something that describes the
"Process of handling an incoming request."  but as far as I know, these
things are locked up in peoples heads.

The best guide is the website's docs.  And knowing that the server.xml
is really Tomcat's back bone.  It describes which implementations get
hooked together at start up time.

Cheers,
-bob