tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt Miller <t...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Why is mod_jk distributed both as 2.0.2 and 2.0.4?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:49:03 GMT
From: "Glenn Nielsen" <glenn@mail.more.net>
> Perhaps the mod_jk connector should not be released with Tomcat 4/5 since
it
> has its own release cycle and we are already doing separate releases of
> these.
>
> Regards,
>
> Glenn

Would this work...

When a stable version of mod_jk or mod_jk2 is released put the stable jar
files in the
jakarta/tomcat-connectors/jk(2)/binaries/ directories. Then have Tomcat 4/5
use the released stable jars instead of building them.

If this works, then it may also serve as a way for users to upgrade both the
native and the java side when a new jk/jk2 release is made.

-Kurt