tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: [5.0] Property replacement
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:16:53 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>> +1
>> The save could be implemented by saving all the discovered properties
>> to an another xml file which will be load at next start time ?
> That won't work: the save-to-XML blindly introspects the objects and
> saves the results.
> Actually, I think we have found a neat feature addition for
> abstract the configuration storage and make it R/W. JNDI DirContext
> could be the API, but it's not a perfect fit (we'd need a naming scheme).

My hope was that JMX could be used for configuration ( including storage ).
It can't support server.xml - so it would require changing the config file
to a set of generic mbean declarations. If JMX is both loading and storing
the config - it can deal with ${properties} and preserve the original file
layout. ( the current code in modeler is mostly working - but I doubt
anyone has tested it )

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message