tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject connectors documents
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:18:32 GMT
Hello

Despite using tomcat for 3-4 years jakarta connectors has remained the
moving goal post. I dont usually have the pleasure of having to get
tomcat and apache talking to one another, but i do now.

I've compiled jk, jk2 and mod_webapp so i guess my options are open as
to which i use. I've had all of them running in the sense that i can
mount a context and have apache serve my java stuff, but its very
sloppy..

http://mydomain/webappname/action.do

doesn't really do it for me as my aim is to have

http://mydomain/action.do

Please are there any documents that actually work on this subject
(virtual hosts and connectors) the tc4.1 doc on the subject of
configuring jk2 looks great, but after 2 days of trying I suspect that
this is yet another victim of the tc-connectors kabal.

Please no reference to http://localhost/examples or similar.. I know
how do to this, i could really do with someone's input on this.

tc 4.1.27
connectors 4.1.27
apache 2

a choice of jk, jk2 or mod_webapp I'm not fussy which.

Many thanks in advance

Mark