tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject SESSION REPLICATION: RedHat 9 and Sun JDK 1.4.2 do not like to play
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:04:27 GMT
All,
I have an announcement to make since myself and some colleagues found during
some serious debugging on why session replication failed miserably on their
systems.

When running session replication for Tomcat 4.1.24
(http://cvs.apache.org/~fhanik/) on Redhat 9 using Sun JDK 1.4.2 nothing
works for me at home during my regression testing.
As soon as I switch to IBM JDK 1.4.1 everything goes back to normal.
The problem is that with the Sun JDK the Socket.getOutputStream().write()
hangs and locks forever.

I will add this to the Cluster FAQ for Tomcat 5. If you have any questions

Important Note: Although I switched to IBM JDK 1.4.1 I did experience one
core dump with the JDK, so at this point, I would not recommend anyone using
RedHat 9 when running tomcat and session replication.

For those of you who have tried other platforms,versions OS:s, let us know
your experience

Filip