tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin van Dijken" <mvdij...@madocke.nl>
Subject RE: Order of parameters
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 10:16:11 GMT
> MOST browsers; certainly not all.

100% true

> If you are requiring order it may makes the most sense to NOT
> trust the wire - but do the ordering yourself on entry as described.

Well, the reason I'm proposing this is I'm modifying a form handler which simply mails all
fields encountered to a specific mail address. It works quite well, but is totally unusable
because the person who gets the email gets a totally unreadable mail where firstname is after
street, then comes his email address, etc.etc.

> This idea may not be one which leads to safe habits.

Well, the usage of getParameterNames or getParameterMap always has those problems. Anybody
can add something to the querystring and even http manipulation isn't that hard. This is up
to programmers' discretion I think.

Martin