tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help for jasper2/JWSDP1.3 - how to get rid of log4j dependecy?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:04:20 GMT
Hristo Stoyanov a écrit :

> Hi all-
> I am using Tomcat (as part of JSWDP1.3) and would like to pre-compile my JSPs with Jasper2
in my Ant script. Jasper2 requires "commons-logging.jar", which, for some unexplicable reason,
starts asking for classes in "log4j.jar" (why is this idiotic behaviour of "commons-logging.jar"?)
. I end up with this exception from Jasper2 (attached below). I do not want to use log4j,
but If I dare to include "log4.jar" in the Jasper2 task classloader, another tasks (Xdoclet)
becomes aware of it (despite the fact that I use separate Ant classloader for it!) and starts
throwing log4j-related configuration exceptions. Please, help me out of this mess!

> A suggestion:
> Please, get rid of both commons-logging.jar and log4j.jar -   jdk1.3 is dead!

A strong -1