tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedded Tomcat startup java class
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:19:43 GMT
Mark W. Webb wrote:

> Knowing that Tomcat is moving towards JMX, I was wondering if anyone has
> "ported" Embedded.java into the a format that will support the JMX
> integration.  Knowing that there is a build.xml file that will launch
> tomcat in an embedded state, is there an equivalent .java file for doing
> this?

You don't have to do that. You can use Embedded to create your TC
instance, and then use JMX to create or destroy contexts.
Or use a "standalone" TC with a server.xml, and use JMX (or Embedded) to
manage the contexts (that's how it works in the integrated JBoss 3.2 /
TC 5).

You can mix and use whatever seems best to you :)

Remy