tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Armstrong <a...@tagish.com>
Subject Re: JK/ajp13 connection reuse problem
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:46:41 GMT
Andy Armstrong wrote:

> UK time here. Still trying to get Ethereal to trace local (intra
> machine) traffic. I'm not around tomorrow so it may be Monday before
> there's anything to dissect.

Monday came and went. Is anyone else interested in the detail of what
follows (analysis of packet dumps) or should we take it off list?

Anyway I've just now had time to look at the packet dump I captured on
Thursday. The sequence appears to be

Domino: Sends first request to Tomcat
Tomcat: Replies correctly
Domino: Sends second request to Tomcat, gets nothing back (there's no
         data flow from Tomcat at all at this stage)
Domino: Periodically retries sending the request packet

That's as far as I've got and I'm just wondering whether it'd be nice to
write an Ethereal packet dissector for AJP 1.3 or whether that would
count as displacement activity. Is there anything specific I should be
looking for Henri?

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish