tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject jk2 evolution plan
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:59:11 GMT
Ok, about everybody seems to agree on using apr for jk2
(still waiting Nacho for IIS).

APR side will be to :

- Update doc to indicate that APR is mandatory

- Remove #idef APR

- Use APR for all OS operation and sus will save us from
   handling all the #include for all the diverses IO operation
   (it's really a pain).

- For now still use_jk pool, but the version using apr_tools.

- Make socket use apr_socket for compatibility.

JK to JK2 fonctionnalities backport :

- Check features added in jk and not present in jk2 (ie cping/cpong).
   There was also some specific lb workers settings which should be
   studied.

- After this works, make a 2.0.4 release and start extensive
   testing.

On the channel side I added a new method, hasinput which should help
use determine if there is something to do on 'stream connections'.

For instance, it's used in jk/jk2 by the cping/cpong stage when
connectTimeout, prepostTimeout and replyTimeout are set.

And no the who's who ;)

I'd like to know who could works on jk2 evolution.

BTW, where could we find today the jk/jk2 documentation which is
regenerated each day  ?