tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.0] System properties in server.xml (and elsewhere)
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:15:17 GMT
>> Do you speak about the ${xxx} properties as present in Tomcat 3.3.x ?
>

> Possibly. Basically, if you have a "foo.bar" sys property, you can put
> "${foo.bar}" in server.xml, and it will be replaced with the property
> value (like in Ant). I didn't know this was present in 3.3.

Yes it was in TC 3.3.1 and you could also set the properties in the
command line if I recall well ;)

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html#configuring_tomcat

In Tomcat 3.3.1, each attribute value may use the ant-style variable
substitution by using "${variable}" in the attribute string, i.e.
attribute="text${variable}text".