tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Digester and external entities with systemId only : Was: Important requirement : Re: [next] What's next ?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:01:24 GMT

> As described above, you're trying to use an illegal URL, which goes
> above the top of the webapp's namespace.  You'll need to use absolute
> "file:" or "http:" type URLs, or provide your own EntityResolver that
> does whatever you want it to do.
>

>> The only way to developpers and admins to have it works in both case is
>> to set the current directory when web.xml is parsed to WEB-INF/.

Ok, it seems to works for external entities inside the webapp,
I wonder what was damaged in my previous tests ?

BTW, I think I could use the multiples configuration offered by TC 5 :

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/ directory

<Context ...>
<Parameter name="companyName" value="My Company, Incorporated"
   override="false"/>
</Context>

Did the server.xml could use external entities using the relative
tweak and if so what the currentDir at server.xml parsing time ?