tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Digester and external entities with systemId only : Was: Important requirement : Re: [next] What's next ?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:59:53 GMT
Jean-Francois Arcand a écrit :

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> I traced TC 5.0 and Digester and suspect what could be the problem
>> with external entities when only SYTEM is defined ie :
>>

>> <!ENTITY appset1 SYSTEM "appset1.xml">
>> <!ENTITY appset2 SYSTEM "appset2.xml">
>>

>> In Digester.java, at least in the 1.5 release, resolveEntity return
>> null if publicId is null even if systemId is set.
>>
>> To make it works, I just replaced :
>>
>> --
>>
>>         if (entityURL == null){
>>         return (null);
>>
>> by ---
>>
>>         if (entityURL == null){
>>             if (systemId == null)
>>                    return (null);
>>                else
>>                    entityURL = systemId;
>>         }
>>

>> FYI, in resolveEntity we got as parms for previous app1&app2 entities
>> declaration:
>>
>> systemid="jndi:/localhost/myapp/WEB-INF/appset1.xml" and publicid=null
>>
>> systemid="jndi:/localhost/myapp/WEB-INF/appset2.xml" and publicid=null
>>

>> This hack will solve the resolution of entities presents in WEB-INF.
>

> That's strange since in Tomcat 5, the resolver is under
> o.a.c.u.SchemaResolver.  Have you change something there? You should
> customize that class instead of the Digester one (will be easier and
> doesn't require commons-dev folks).

Nope, I'm using a standard TC 5.0.12 from inside my Eclipse IDE.

I double check another time today...

BTW, my webapp is not in c:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12/webapps 		but in
c:\eclipse\workspace\customer\webapp.

So in server.xml I've got :

<Context path="/myapp" docBase="c:\eclipse\workspace\customer\webapp"
debug="99" >