tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Important requirement : Re: [next] What's next ?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:46:09 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:

> Remy Maucherat a écrit :
>
>> Henri Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> No reply for this request ?
>>>
>>> Should I assume I could start to work on settings the currentWorking
>>> dir at web.xml dir location at web.xml parsing time ?
>>

>> I like basing the resolution on the host appBase a lot more.
>

> Well it will be problematic for all TC 3.2/3.3 users since the
> location was the web.xml (which seems more realist).

I don't care, sorry. The question to ask: is it the right thing to do or
not.
- Hosts are based on separate directories
- Hosts should be independent

Based on that, the choice of using appBase is the right one.

> Let me explain :
>
> If you have a large and segmented web application, you won't put
> all the settings in the same web.xml.

Webapps, and even more, hosts, should be independent. Anything else
seems a hack which may or may not work.

Remy