tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Important requirement : Re: [next] What's next ?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:08:29 GMT
Remy Maucherat a écrit :
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> Henri Gomez a écrit :
>

> Note: I really love Xerces' error messages.
>
>> Great it seems to works with :
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>>     PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>>     "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd"
>>
>> [ <!ENTITY % appconf  SYSTEM "file:../etc/webapp/appconf.xml">
>> %appconf; ]
>>
>>  >

>> <web-app>
>>
>>     <display-name>Servlet 2.4 Examples</display-name>
>>     <description>
>>       Servlet 2.4 Examples.
>>     </description>

>> So should I assume that the current directory is webapps ?
>

> Most stuff during webapp deployment is relative to the host appBase, so
> I'm not surprised. I don't really know how this particular path is
> resolved, though.

Could it be possible to add an attribute in Context to make Tomcat
use the docBase location instead of appBase for a particular context ?

I made extensive tests with TC 5.0.12 and my currents applications,
where tomcat could live somewhere on the system (following Linux FHS
recommandation), and the webapps elsewhere.

With such very current settings, I couldn't determine from the webapp
area where is the 'current workdir' and my relative links are broken !!!

Also it will help ease translation from TC 3.3.x for 5.0.x since the
current workdir for TC 3.3.x while parsing web.xml is the WEB-INF where
the web.xml is located.

Thanks to take a look at this or at least told me if I could works on
it to add such feature.

Regards