tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Order of parameters
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:26:47 GMT
The problem lies in the servlet spec. It does not dictate that
request.getParameterNames() returns the parameter list in any specific order.
A feature request to the spec working group is your best bet. If your using
GET - you always have access to the query string and a "simple regex" can
return your parameter list.

-Tim

Martin van Dijken wrote:
>>The solution is to pass a fields list as an additional
>>paramter, and use
>>that field list to drive the ordering of your form.
>

> That is of course possible, but requires more code in the form, which is in my opinion
totally unnecessary. ASP, and I think PHP as well, have this as one of their most basic features,
so I really don't see why Tomcat shouldn't.