tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: [5] Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: zip file closed
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:15:16 GMT
No luck. I have had trouble in the past with HP JVMs and this is an old JVM.

No errors are output when the webapp is loaded. Just when the first JSP tries
to get compiled.

As a sanity check, I removed the precompile mappings for the JSP examples and
most examples worked fine. But then one of the pages got an error
(jsp-examples/xml/xml.jsp), then nothing worked for jsp-examples. I deleted
work/Catalina/localhost/jsp-examples/ and had multiple tomcat restarts with
no luck.

My first todo will be to get a newer JVM (1.3 or 1.4) for that machine and
see how things go. I am not going to pull my hair out on this one until I can
reproduce this with a newer JVM for that box. (Something I'll not be allowed
to do soon for that machine :( )

-Tim