tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject [5] Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: zip file closed
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:13:24 GMT
Quick summary:

In o.a.jasper.xmlparserParserUtils.java, line 129 is
DocumentBuilderFactory factory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

Does anyone know how DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance() can throw
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed"?

====================
More detail
====================
Tomcat 5.0.13
Windows java 1.3.1_07 - All ok
HPUX - java 1.3.1.01 - I get the follow error during either the jsp compile
or the webapp init (not sure which yet)

The error reported back to the web browser is ...
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache:
zip file closed
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java:211)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.getLocation(TldLocationsCache.java:181)

Where the "fun" begins are the real stack traces. I added an extra log.info()
to TldLocationsCache to get the root stack trace because only the message is
being displayed and I get this as my stack trace ...

[INFO] TldLocationsCache - -during init <java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip
file closed>java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.getEntry(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getEntry(URLJarFile.java:76)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:96)
	at
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getInputStream(JarURLConnection.java:108)
	at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(StandardClassLoader.java:714)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(StandardClassLoader.java:696)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(WebappClassLoader.java:1184)
	at javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport12$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.SecuritySupport12.getResourceAsStream(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.findJarServiceProvider(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.FactoryFinder.find(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:129)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processWebDotXml(TldLocationsCache.java:232)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java:
======

Does anyone know how DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance() can throw the
exception? (on a static initializer)

Or is the solution just as simple as updating the JDK to a later 1.3?
(Unfortunatly a non-trivial effort)

-Tim