tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <>
Subject Re: [next] What's next ?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:20:01 GMT
Henri Gomez a écrit :

>>> 3. Provide a complete working configuration example for a cluster of
>>> tomcat servers with a front-end tomcat as well, i.e. a pure tomcat-only
>>> solution.  We already have the jvmRoute mechanism, but I think it needs
>>> more examples/documentation so that people start using it.

One of the features I'd like to see in Tomcat 5.x, a features which
prevent me to use TC 4.0.x, 4.1.x and 5.x on my production server is
the ability to use external entities from within a web.xml.

Let me explain :

We have many customers which run the same application but with
differents settings. All the settings are present in the web.xml
via the use of external entities which are included at run-time.

The security mechanism in TC 4.x and higher (due to digester)
avoid me to use such easy configuration tuning and so we have
to stay with Tomcat 3.3.x for now.

If we could have a 'relaxed mode', I could switch all my productions
servers to 5.x immediatly.

We allready discuss in the past and option like JNDI and DSML provider
are not valid options for us (for admins and historics reasons).

So I'll welcome such 'relaxed mode' since I still wonder what the diff
between load external xml entities from outside webapp or loading from

I'd like to have your opinions here

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message