tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [next] What's next ?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:05:18 GMT
Remy Maucherat a écrit :

> Usually, when a Tomcat branch nears its release, a new branch is created.
>
> However, I only have a few feature ideas that make some sense, and the
> problem is that they are minor evolutions (hence, they could perfectly
> fit inside the 5.0 branch). This includes:
>
> - Updating JK2 to use the JMX events (the same ones the mapper uses) to
> get autoconfiguration, as an option. That seems useful, but it might
> well be a really stupid thing in the real world.

+0

> - Java or native load balancer, with session affinity support. This
> could be the perfect commons project, and is not really related to Tomcat.

There is allready cluster support in TC isn't it ?

> - Use an in memory Java compiler to be able to automatically precompile
> webapps upon deployment. I heard such a compiler now exists, and this
> could be added fairly easily if it works well enough. I'm not a very big
> fan, but maybe it would make sense for some people.

Well another add-on which could be usefull for site which hosts many
Tomcat instances but want to have them running on different JVM.

I know Websphere does it and when it's managed via a decent user
interface it make IT managers more than happy :)