tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <anna.fuhrm...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Re: TOMCAT-fix for os/390??
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Well well ...  being a simpleton (=user) I don't quite manage to manage cvs ...
I would love to install tomcat 4.1.28 (having 4.1.27), bit I cannot find such a distribution.
So what it boils down to if I cannot get 4.1.28 is: install rls 6 BETA - does it go well with
JDK 1.3?

thank you very much for your help
Anna

> Von: Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbeeck@pandora.be>
> Datum: 2003/10/09 Do PM 10:53:59 GMT+02:00
> An: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Betreff: Re: TOMCAT-fix for os/390??
>
> Hi Anna
>
> I don't use tomcat on os390 but by reading you problem I suspect your
> problem is solved in cvs, you need at least revision 1.16.2.1
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?rev=1.16.2.1>

> or 1.18
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?rev=1.18>

> of the following file:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java
>
> Releases including this fix are TOMCAT_5_0_13
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?only_with_tag=TOMCAT_5_0_13>,

> TOMCAT_5_0_12
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?only_with_tag=TOMCAT_5_0_12>,

> TOMCAT_4_1_28
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?only_with_tag=TOMCAT_4_1_28>
>
> Cheers
> Dirk
>
> Anna Fuhrmann wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >like  a good girl I have been using the user-mailing-list up to now to search for
> >user experience installing tomcat on os390.
> >
> >Most (if not all) contributions are in the form "has anyone successfully installed
> >tomcat on os390?" From some other I got partly valuable ideas.
> >
> >I have been TRYING to get tomcat run on os390 in the last couple of days.
> >Done everything I could - everything seems to be allright up to this pont: tomcat
IS running at last
> >without any serious signs of disbehaviour - no error messages at all, xml's behaving
well. But if we connect to
> >localhost:tomcatport/index.jsp  (or wahtever else for that matter), the browser does
not show
> >anything. Doing the same with a perl script shows that the server is ansering and
is supplying the
> >requested page, BUT EACH LINE OF THE HTTP_HEADER CONTAINS AN INVALID
> >(i.e.: ebcdic) LINE SEPARATOR. So thats the reason why.
> >
> >Today I tried to identify the .java-file giving us the header (looking for \r\n)
. I thought I found it,
> >by my hex.editor did not show me any 0x0d15 (which ought to be the suspect, i.e.
Newline