tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Re: TOMCAT-fix for os/390??
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:06:35 GMT
Try http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/v4.1.28-alpha/.  The 'alpha'
is just because it is still in it's evaluation stage.  It's likely to
graduate to at least beta (if not 'stable').  However, your ability to test
it on an os/390 system makes you particularly valuable to the developers, so
I hope that you will try it out :).

----- Original Message -----
From: <anna.fuhrmann@chello.at>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: Re: TOMCAT-fix for os/390??

> Well well ...  being a simpleton (=user) I don't quite manage to manage
cvs ...
> I would love to install tomcat 4.1.28 (having 4.1.27), bit I cannot find
such a distribution.
> So what it boils down to if I cannot get 4.1.28 is: install rls 6 BETA -
does it go well with JDK 1.3?

> thank you very much for your help
> Anna
> >
> > Von: Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbeeck@pandora.be>
> > Datum: 2003/10/09 Do PM 10:53:59 GMT+02:00
> > An: Tomcat Developers List <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Betreff: Re: TOMCAT-fix for os/390??
> >
> > Hi Anna
> >
> > I don't use tomcat on os390 but by reading you problem I suspect your
> > problem is solved in cvs, you need at least revision 1.16.2.1

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http
11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?rev=1.16.2.1>
> > or 1.18

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http
11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?rev=1.18>

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java

> > Releases including this fix are TOMCAT_5_0_13

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org
/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?only_with_tag=TOMCAT_5_0_13>
,
> > TOMCAT_5_0_12

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org
/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?only_with_tag=TOMCAT_5_0_12>
,
> > TOMCAT_4_1_28

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org
/apache/coyote/http11/InternalOutputBuffer.java?only_with_tag=TOMCAT_4_1_28>

> > Cheers
> > Dirk
> >
> > Anna Fuhrmann wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all,
> > >like  a good girl I have been using the user-mailing-list up to now to
search for
> > >user experience installing tomcat on os390.
> > >
> > >Most (if not all) contributions are in the form "has anyone
successfully installed
> > >tomcat on os390?" From some other I got partly valuable ideas.
> > >
> > >I have been TRYING to get tomcat run on os390 in the last couple of
days.
> > >Done everything I could - everything seems to be allright up to this
pont: tomcat IS running at last
> > >without any serious signs of disbehaviour - no error messages at all,
xml's behaving well. But if we connect to
> > >localhost:tomcatport/index.jsp  (or wahtever else for that matter), the
browser does not show
> > >anything. Doing the same with a perl script shows that the server is
ansering and is supplying the
> > >requested page, BUT EACH LINE OF THE HTTP_HEADER CONTAINS AN INVALID
> > >(i.e.: ebcdic) LINE SEPARATOR. So thats the reason why.
> > >
> > >Today I tried to identify the .java-file giving us the header (looking
for \r\n) . I thought I found it,