tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Order of parameters
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:10:15 GMT
The solution is to pass a fields list as an additional paramter, and use
that field list to drive the ordering of your form.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin van Dijken [mailto:mvdijken@madocke.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 4:16 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: RE: Order of parameters

> MOST browsers; certainly not all.

100% true

> If you are requiring order it may makes the most sense to NOT
> trust the wire - but do the ordering yourself on entry as described.

Well, the reason I'm proposing this is I'm modifying a form handler
which simply mails all fields encountered to a specific mail address. It
works quite well, but is totally unusable because the person who gets
the email gets a totally unreadable mail where firstname is after
street, then comes his email address, etc.etc.

> This idea may not be one which leads to safe habits.

Well, the usage of getParameterNames or getParameterMap always has those
problems. Anybody can add something to the querystring and even http
manipulation isn't that hard. This is up to programmers' discretion I
think.

Martin