tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Committing binaries in CVS [Was] RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/procrun/bin tomcat.exe tomcatw.exe
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:34:48 GMT

Doesn't matter. We need the tomcat.exe and tomcatw.exe only.
While the tomcat.exe could be compiled using cygwin or mingw, there is a
problem with tomcatw.exe. The GNU's resource compilers doesn't handle
the
BITMAP resources so we are missing those whenever building with those
tools.
Also I'm not sure about the License and Cygwin binaries (that's too
fuzzy, so I don't even bother to compile something with cygwin).

AFAICT we don't build WIN32 distributable binaries with those tools for
any j-t-c project.
Further more, apache2.x installation is build with InstallShield
(another expensive tool), and
nobody complains about that.

So, find the space that can be reached from ant when building Tomcat5,
and I'll put the binaries there,
since we don't need them for anything but the nsis TC5 install package.

> > So -1 to remove them, I need them where they are.

As I said, you need them where they can be found duiring build process.

MT.