tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteConnector.java
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 22:14:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <luehe@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-tomcat-catalina-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 2:00 PM
Subject: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteConnector.java

> luehe       2003/10/05 14:00:38
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>                         CoyoteConnector.java
>   Log:
>   Set the tcpNoDelay property on the underlying socket even if this
>   property has not been set explicitly on CoyoteConnector (in which case
>   the property of the underlying socket is set to TRUE, the default in
>   CoyoteConnector).
>
>   This restores the behaviour in earlier CoyoteConnector versions and
>   fixes a huge performance degradation.

I'm -1 on this.  There shouldn't be default properties set from the
Connector.  If you want the default to be 'true', then change either default
it in the Http11Protocol, or change the current default value in
PoolTcpEndpoint.