tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject mirror-enable tomcat-connector downloads
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:02:25 GMT
Hi,

as by now you most probably know, all releases should go through
www.apache.org/dist so they will be mirrored and we (the ASF) can save
money as we pay for the transferred data.  For details please see
<http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html> and
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/convert-to-mirror.html>.

Tomcat 4.1 is using the "official" distribution location, but AFAICS
no connector distribution is doing so.

I'll be happy to help with the migration ranging from giving advice to
doing it myself, just let me know what is needed.

On a related note: How does anybody find the connector distributions?

Yesterday I had a customer who insists on placing Tomcat behind IIS
rant about that "damned open source software" as he failed to locate
iis_redirect.dll.  He started from the location he used to download
the version bundled with 3.2.4 as he couldn't find a link on Tomcat's
pages.  It's rather hard to find them that way.

Even before Robert changed the Jakarta download pages a few hours ago,
there has been no link to a connector download and I cannot find a
link in Tomcat's part of the Jakarta website at all.

I found the JK2 download by following the link in Tomcat's README in
<http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-4/binaries/>, but please
note that (1) mirrors may not display that file at all[1] and (2)
almost nobody is going to see the README after the redesign of the
Jakarta download page.

Cheers

        Stefan

Footnotes: