tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Carmichael" <ecarm...@alumni.rice.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/resources messages.properties
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 05:27:51 GMT
> Unfortunately, not having a debugger that uses SMP, it is hard to automate
> SMAP testing.  You pretty much has to manually eyeball the files to verify
> its correctness.  I think netbeans is planning to use tomcat 5 for its
> next major, so we'll expect more use there.

In the wake of Bugzilla #22277, I wrote some tests that compare the HTML and
SMAP produced by various JSPs to a previously established baseline (like I
believe "ant run-tester" does with HTML).  Great for picking up on
regressions (that's how I caught the small text string problem), but of
course the disadvantage is that they also complain about perfectly valid
changes, and manually eyeballing the files is the only way to tell the
difference.

Eric