tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Chad Johnson" <CJohn...@wspackaging.com>
Subject RE: [5.0] Schedule change
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:45:49 GMT
I might be off base, but whats the problem with releasing TC 5 under the
banner of supporting a draft spec.

Servlet/JSP Spec	Tomcat version
2.4/2.0 draft 3 	5.0.14
2.3/1.2  		4.1.27
2.2/1.1  		3.3.1a

Chad Johnson
Web Services Developer
WS Packaging Group, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Remy Maucherat [mailto:remm@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 1:28 PM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: [5.0] Schedule change

Hi,

The signals I'm getting from Sun about the schedule of the
specifications is highly confusing. Since I'm tired of having Tomcat
depend on these, I propose taking advantage of the backwards
compatibility of the spec, and replacing the TC 5 statement phrase with:

The 5.x releases implement the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 specifications,
and will add support for the Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 as soon as they are

officially available.

That would allow making a timely 5.0 release, rather than expecting
stuff for an indefinite amount of time ...

If I don't get yelled at too much, I'll call for a vote on this.

Comments ?

Remy