tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject [5.0] Schedule change
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:27:33 GMT

The signals I'm getting from Sun about the schedule of the
specifications is highly confusing. Since I'm tired of having Tomcat
depend on these, I propose taking advantage of the backwards
compatibility of the spec, and replacing the TC 5 statement phrase with:

The 5.x releases implement the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 specifications,
and will add support for the Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 as soon as they are
officially available.

That would allow making a timely 5.0 release, rather than expecting
stuff for an indefinite amount of time ...

If I don't get yelled at too much, I'll call for a vote on this.

Comments ?

View raw message