tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk release packaging and connector download move to www.apache.org/dist mirror and archive.apache.org
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:33:11 GMT
I have completed most of the below.

The directory layout is setup in
/www/www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors and
/www/archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors .

The old coyote beta and milestone releases have been removed.
The webapp releases have been moved to the archive.

The latest jk2 release is setup on the mirror and previous releases
are in the archive.

The mod_jk 1.2.5 source distribution has been released on the mirror,
previous versions have been copied to the archive.

The jakarta site binindex.cgi and sourceindex.cgi have been updated.
The jk docs in the Tomcat 4.1 directory have been updated with the
download links fixed.

For now I am leaving the current jk/jk2 releases in place on the jakarta
site.  After a few days I will remove them and put the .htaccess file in place.

The mod_jk 1.2.5 release is now accepting binary releases.  Please consider
the following when packaging your binary release distributions:

Build binaries and upload distributions to www.apache.org

Build mod_jk for a specific web server and OS.  Package it as appropriate for
the OS and sign the archive using PGP. Please include the ASF License, the
generated docs, and the tools.  Please name the distribuiton as follows:

jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-{version}-{os-version-cpu}-{web server-version}.(tar.gz|zip)

scp the binary distribution and pgp signature file to the appropriate binaries/{os} directory.

Make sure the group write bit is on for all files you upload.

I will send out the announcement in a few days once some binaries have accumulated
and the mirrors have had a chance to rsync them.

Thanks,

Glenn