tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk release packaging and connector download move to www.apache.org/dist mirror and archive.apache.org
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:07:06 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
>> 1. Coyote -
>> /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/
>>
>> This contains 9 coyote connector beta release and one release candidate.
>>
>> Do we need to keep these?  If not, since coyote comes with the Tomcat
>> releases,
>> why not completely remove coyote from the tomcat-connectors download?
>>
>> +1 to remove coyote from the download completely since it is part of
>> the Tomcat release.
>

> +1.
>
>> 2. JK1.2 /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/
>>
>> Remove the docs directory, point users to jakarta.apache.org/tomcat in
>> the README.html.
>>
>> Remove the nightly directory, no nightlies have been done.
>>
>> Reorganize the releases as described above.  Move old releases to
>> archive.apache.org/dist,
>> move the current release to www.apache.org/dist .
>>
>> 3. JK2 /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/
>>
>> Remove the docs directory, point users to jakarta.apache.org/tomcat in
>> the README.html.
>>
>> Remove the nightly directory, last nightly was done Oct. 5 2002.
>>
>> Reorganize the releases as described above.  Move old releases to
>> archive.apache.org/dist,
>> move the current release to www.apache.org/dist .
>

> What will the new docs location be, then (I need to link it from the
> main TC docs) ?

There are already docs for jk/jk2 in the tomcat docs directory:

I was going to point the README.html file at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html

The goal is to only put source or binary distributions on www.apache.org/dist
and keep all the docs at jakarta.apacheo.org/tomcat/ .

Generated docs for a specific version are also available within the source
distribution.

Regards,

Glenn