tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: questions on AJPv13 protocol, for a non-C,non-java container implementation
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:32:16 GMT
> I'm working on implementing support for AJP/1.3 in IMHO (more info:
> footnote [1]), to get a Lisp process to communicate with an Apache
> server via mod_jk or mod_jk2

He he ;)

> (Currently, IMHO can use its own copy of mod_webapp for this, at least
> with Apache 1.3; the mod_webapp from Tomcat, with apache2, doesn't
> seem to want to work with IMHO as it is, though, and so I found my way
> around to mod_jk/mod_jk2.)

yes, mod_webapp is no more supported.

> As a side note: The docs at
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/common/AJPv13.html
>   [AJPv13.html]
> have been very helpful for this.
>

> Now, to the point: I have some questions, wanting to get the AJP/1.3
> protocol-implemnetation right, in the Lisp code for it.
>

> - in AJPv13.html, there's a mention of an 'integer' type
>
>   How wide is an integer expected to be in AJPv13 ?

2 bytes, MSB code (0x1234 will appears [0x12] [0x34]

> - in that same doc [AJPv13.html], there's mention of a 'string' type,
>   used in some spots where there's no "extra" information to indicate
>   the length of the string (e.g.: in header-name/header-value pairs)

an int (2 bytes) containing len, then the string itself (à la Pascal)
including the final 0x00.

>   Should I assume that each not-otherwise-length-tagged string
>   (e.g.: a misc. header name) ends on a null byte?
>
> - in regards to the the AJP13 extensions (esp. conenctor<->mod_jk{2}
>   authentication) mentioned at
>
>      http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/common/AJPv13-extensions-proposal.html
>
>   ...would anyone happen to know the 'status' on those extensions,
>   i.e. whether they're being used in mod_jk and/or mod_jk2?
>
> - is there any "official" documentation about AJPv14? I've seen this
>   revision of the protocol mentioned, in some places.

Well Ajp14 or Ajp13++ has beean coded but hidden. It add features like
secure connections but I didn't check if it works in TC 4.1.x and 5.0.x ;)