tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_jk does not detect a hung Tomcat
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:24:24 GMT

> This won't work  with the pre-fork MPM, since each Apache child will have
> its own idea of the timing.  The only way that it could tell that a Tomcat
> failed is to try the request and fail :).
>

>>The idea needs to be flushed out some more. But we should be able to track
>>enough data about how a worker is performing to make some simple

Well the code is ready, native (jk), java (tc 3.3 + jtc) and I've
updated documentations.

Added PING/PONG support in ajp13, and make use of select() to
determine if there is something to read.

I attached a copy of jk_ajp_common.c for review but I'd like to commit
the code before HEAD diverge. Since the new functionnalities are off
by default it shouldn't hurt ;)

BTW, select() call is supported by WIN32 ?