tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arc...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup ContextConfig.java TldConfig.java
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:41:53 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> jfarcand@apache.org wrote:
>
>> jfarcand    2003/09/23 14:37:01
>>
>> Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
>> ContextConfig.java TldConfig.java Log: Revert my previous patch since
>> it force validation even when the value is set to false (for schema).
>

> I didn't upgrade back to X 2.5, but with X 2.1, this didn't force
> validation.
>
> I'm sure it's a bit hard to follow for everyone. Can you do a recap on
> tomcat-dev of what's wrong with Xerces, and what is being done about it ?

Curently, schema validation doesn't work when you turns it on in
server.xml. The problem resides in ContextConfig.java when you do
webDigester.setSchema(....). For a reason I'm trying to find, the schema
file is not loaded by Xerces. I suspect a classloader issue but the
validation task suffer the same problem.

I'm trying to resolve the problem right now with the jaxp team, but if
someone wants to create a test case and file a bug againts Xerces, I
will be more that happy. Knowing how they work, without a little test
case, they will never looks at it ;-)

-- Jeanfrancois