tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: admin commit stops the app and doesn't restart
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:23:14 GMT
Amy Roh wrote:

> The admin logs you out after "commit" due to the following error.  Looks
> like "commit" stopped the app and didn't restart correctly.
>
> Comments?

Being less passive about problems can't hurt ;-)
It is normal that a webapp is redeployed after committing since it
modifies the context file of the webapp (so everything will be
redeployed). This is the only bad side effect of the improved deployer.

As for the CL problems, well you can get that if the context CL is bad
somewhere. This obviously works fine for me, though.

Remy