tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [5.0.10] New build ?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 00:52:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 5:58 AM
Subject: [5.0.10] New build ?

> I think releasing a new build at the end of this week would be a good
> idea, given that most issues with 5.0.9 have been resolved.
>
> The remaining issues I can think of:
>
> * commons-daemon: Needs a 1.0 release (any volunteers ?); needs polish
> (display of log items in the console could probably be nicer, bug 18220).

Sort of running before you can walk here ;-).  Daemon needs to graduate from
the sandbox before it can have a release.

The console does need work.  At the moment it appears to be (trying to :)
assume that you are using log4j with a format something like "%r [%t]: %c %p
%m%n".  In general, it's a hard problem, since all that it is doing is
grabbing stdout/stderr and attempting to display it in the GUI.  The other
problem with the console is that it never rolls-off (so the more you log,
the more memory the process consumes).

Bug #18220 is simply not implemented for the new ListView control.  It's not
hard to do however.  As much as I hate Windows GUI programming, If I get
some free time at work I can probably look into implementing it.