tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: jakarta-tomcat-connector release cleanup
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 05:13:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Nielsen" <glenn@mail.more.net>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 9:37 PM
Subject: jakarta-tomcat-connector release cleanup

> I have promised to setup the tomcat connector releases so that they
> can be mirrored when I perform the next mod_jk release.  First I have
> a few questions.
>
> Are the coyote beta release/milestone releases in
> /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote
> still needed?  Will there be separate releases of coyote or will
> it only be bundled with Tomcat 4/5 releases?

Don't forget Tomcat 3.3!  The Tomcat 4/5 releases get issued pretty often,
and the current Connectors build is broken for 3.3, so +1 to remove the
Connectors download.  I'll look into transfering the "how-to-use"
instructions to the 3.3 nightly download page.

> mod_webapp is deprecated so should we continue to have the
> /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp
> release directory or should this be moved to archive.apache.org?

+1 for moving.  The fewer mod_webapp questions I have to field on
tomcat-user, the better ;-).

> Can /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/nightly/
> be removed?  The last nightly build of this was October of 2002.
>
> Can the old mod_jk 1.2 and mod_jk2 releases be moved to
> archive.apache.org?

+1 for moving.