tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Schalk" <>
Subject RE: how's the jsp page compile into servlet
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 09:43:07 GMT

As far as I know, and anyone please correct me on this if I am wrong, this
is handled by the internal compiler within Tomcat and the .class is placed
within web application scope.

You can register a .jsp to act as a servlet and call it as if it is one. For
instance on our website we include our footer.jsp like this.

First add the following code to your web.xml:
    <description>Copyright footer for</description>

You can now call it from anywhere within your webapps simply as
/servlet/footer, for instance <jsp:include page="/servlet/footer"

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Tel: +27125468436