tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pete Soderling <>
Subject jsp Compile error after Reload
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 23:38:42 GMT

I'm having a problem with a certain bean package after I use ant to recompile my app. The
strage thing is my jsp will work fine after I initially start Tomcat - no problems.

After I re-compile w/ ant, I see in my context logs that the context is reloaded. Then, when
I request the same jsp, the compile fails saying that it can find a class inside my WEB-INF/classes

 [javac] /usr/local/tomcat/temp/ package beans does not exist
    [javac] import beans.*;

I know it's there b/c I looked on the disk, plus - if I simply restart Tomcat, everything
works again!

FYI, I'm running v 4.1.27.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

View raw message