tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ayoub Raffoul" <araff...@hotmail.com>
Subject IP address Assignment problem
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:17:11 GMT
Hello,

I'm running Apache Tomcat ver. 4.1 on a Windows 2000 server. The machine has
multipe IP addresses. I have configured Apache Tomcat in server.xml to run
on a specific IP address port 80 as follows (fake IP address):

port="80"               minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
address="205.200.21.30"/>

I also need to run IIS on the same machine though on a different IP IE:
205.200.21.31 and port 80. Each time I try to launch IIS I get an error
message saying port is in use. If I shut down Tomcat then the port get
released and I'm able to launch Tomcat. It seems that Tomcat is reserving
all ports # 80 for all IP addresses on this machine. This configuration was
working correctly in an older version of Tomcat.
Even though Tomcat seems to be reserving all port 80 for all IP addresses it
is only responding to 205.200.21.30.

Vice Versa is also a problem. If I shut down Tomcat and start IIS on
205.200.21.31:80, Tomcat will no longer launch on 205.200.21.30:80. It will
report that the port is in use.

Has anybody encountered a similar issue? Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you