tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Algesten <puck...@taglab.com>
Subject Re: window close session invalidate
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:48:09 GMT
This is a user question and should be posted on the tomcat-user list.

On a side note, the session is maintained either by a session cookie or
by a session id at the end of each request. The server will keep your
session going for the time specified in the web.xml. If the client
"forgets" all about the session id by closing the browser down, then
the session is dead (even if it is still on the server until it
expires). Hard to say why your popup doesn't work. One idea could be to
make sure the session is going already in the "root" window.

Martin