tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Thutkawkorapin, Jessada" <JT210...@exchange.Thailand.NCR.com>
Subject something wrong in apache tomcat load balancing configuration
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:12:50 GMT
Hi
               I'm currently testing the Load-Balancing & Failover
possibilities of
Tomcat and i came to the conclusion that something goes wrong with the
Failback...

I've installed tomcat#1, tomcat#2 and apache in the same server with this
environment
-          Win 2000 Pro OS
-          tomcat 4.1.27
-          Apache 1.3.26
-          mod_jk-1.3.26.dll

Talking about load-balancing, everthing is Ok. Requests to dynamic pages
are processed by both Tomcat servers according to the lbFactor (50/50)

Then I stop server #2.
The next HTTP request takes a few seconds to be proceed. I guess this is
normal, since the load-balancer has to analyse the situation and determine
that server #2 is no more available.

The problem is that when I re-start the 2nd server, load-balancer ignore
it and requests are still proceed 100% by server #1.

I have to re-start the Apache/HTTP server to make the load-balancing
working again...

Do you think there is something else to configure to be sure that the load-
balancer determine servers availability on the fly ?

ps. I also attach the necessary configuration file with this email

thanx

Jessada