tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Beransky <dberan...@ucsd.edu>
Subject package javax.servlet does not exist error
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:18:19 GMT
Hi,

My apologies if this has been discussed on the list before.  Searching the
archive returned a bunch of irrelevant results and I couldn't figure out
how to narrow the search down.

I'm trying to compile Tomcat 4.1.27 on a Windows box with JDK 1.4.2.  I
have all the packages installed and build.properties in
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27-src modified to reflect new package locations (btw, I
had no problems at all compiling Tomcat 4.0.6).  I've downloaded
jakarta-tomcat-jasper and put it into the same directory as the tomcat
package.  I've also changed build.properties inside jasper2 directory to
point back to the tomcat project.

Now, when I'm try to run ant and when the compilation process gets around
to jasper2, I get a punch of messages all of which are complaining about
the same thing:

   package javax.servlet does not exist

I do have jakarta-servletapi-4 and ${servlet.home} in build.properties
properly points to it.  So why am I getting this error?  What am I missing?

Thanks
Dmitry