tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Amy Roh <amy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 5.0.9 stability rating
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:11:48 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Amy Roh wrote:
>
>> Remy Maucherat wrote:

>>> Thanks. Sorry for the trouble.
>>

>> No Problem.  I just committed the updates.  Let me know if there is
>> additional updates or if I missed/overlooked anything.
>

> The changes are a bit more complex than what you did. The new syntax is:
>
> HTTP/1.1:
>
>     <Connector port="8080"
>                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>                enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
>                debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
>                disableUploadTimeout="true" />
> (the thread pool configuration changed, basically)
>
> AJP/1.3:
>
>     <Connector port="8009"
>                enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
>                protocol="AJP/1.3" />
> (ie, no thread pool configuration here)
>
> Please don't add get/set on the CoyoteConnector class itself (we're
> trying to avoid that, as it's protocol dependent; you can look at Bill's
> patch - which I reverted for performance reasons, but which did the
> right thing on principle). IMO, you should add those to the
> ConnectorMBean, and use get/setProperty. What do you think ?

I thought we're moving away from using *MBean classes and instead using
the actual class for management implementation.  But I see that why we
want to avoid the getters and setters from the class due to protocol
dependency.  We can definitely move the getters/setters into a
ConnectorMBean as long as modeler keeps supporting extending class
mbean.  I can either update o.a.c.mbeans.ConnectorMBean and use it or
put the ConnectorMBean in the coyote directory with the mbean-descriptor
and the Connector class.  I'll need to update admin to represent thread
pool configuration changes.

Amy