tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 5.0.9 stability rating
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:12:08 GMT
Amy Roh wrote:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> Amy Roh wrote:
>>
>>> I'll update the mbean-descriptor.xml and admin page for Connector soon.
>>

>> Thanks. Sorry for the trouble.
>

> No Problem.  I just committed the updates.  Let me know if there is
> additional updates or if I missed/overlooked anything.

The changes are a bit more complex than what you did. The new syntax is:

HTTP/1.1:

     <Connector port="8080"
                debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
                disableUploadTimeout="true" />
(the thread pool configuration changed, basically)

AJP/1.3:

     <Connector port="8009"
                enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
                protocol="AJP/1.3" />
(ie, no thread pool configuration here)

Please don't add get/set on the CoyoteConnector class itself (we're
trying to avoid that, as it's protocol dependent; you can look at Bill's
patch - which I reverted for performance reasons, but which did the
right thing on principle). IMO, you should add those to the
ConnectorMBean, and use get/setProperty. What do you think ?

Remy