tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5 CoyoteConnector.java
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:45:08 GMT
billbarker@apache.org wrote:
> billbarker    2003/08/17 23:43:29
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
>                         CoyoteConnector.java
>   Log:
>   Fixing getters for JMX.
>
>   It looks like a big commit, but it really shouldn't be very much in terms of functionality.
 All default values are (almost) removed from the Connector.  This may break other components
that were depending on them.  However that is why I'm committing now (so I can get more eyes
to find the broken components).

>   I've kludged getScheme for now, so that Tomcat is more or less functional.  However,
it looks like there is still a fair amount of cleanup to do in getting the default values
set for the protocols.

After testing, this patch seems horrible performance wise. Strong -1 for
it (I will revert the patch).
On a related note, there could be a problem with the static resource
caching, I'll have to check.

I will fix the performance issues, and release a 5.0.9 build (tomorrow).

Remy